Skip to main content
Black Listed News

1 of 2 Mass. bomb suspects dead; suburbs shut down

Published: April 19, 2013
Share | Print This

Source: Ap

Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist.

The suspects were identified to The Associated Press as coming from the Russian region near Chechnya, which has been plagued by an Islamic insurgency stemming from separatist wars. A law enforcement intelligence bulletin obtained by the AP identified the surviving bomb suspect as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old who had been living in Cambridge, just outside Boston, and said he "may be armed and dangerous."

Two law enforcement officials told the AP that Tsarnaev and the other suspect, who was not immediately identified, had been living legally in the U.S. for at least one year.

In Boston, still on edge over the attack on the marathon, and its western suburbs, authorities suspended mass transit and urged people to stay indoors as they searched for the remaining suspect, a man seen wearing a white baseball cap on surveillance footage from Monday's deadly bombing at the marathon finish line.


Share This Article...

Stay Connected:
Free Newsletter
Blacklisted Radio
Blacklisted Nation
On Twitter
On Facebook
Podcasts on Demand
Podcasts on Spreaker
Podcasts on Youtube
Podcasts on iTunes
Podcasts on Tunein
Podcasts on Roku

Support Us
Donate Today!

Laverdad Cigars
Immigrate Today
Golden Eagle Coins
Chameleon John Coupons

Calling for Contributors!

Got something to say?
We want to hear from you.

Submit your article contributions and participate in the world's largest independent online news community today!

Contact us today!

BlackListed News 2006-2015